To my readers......

SITE UPDATE NOTICE

Thanks for visiting mitchmen, home of Mitchell's Gay Art

The Caps and Collars/ Flat Cap Gang story at Google Groups is on a summer break until July. (see Group News for link)

Message updated 25th June 2023

Friday 1 June 2012

A-Z of Fetish Artists - Rapp


Rapp - Soaking

This is one of two pictures I have attributed to Rapp, the other is group of 3 posed leather guys not dissimilar in style to the previous RAM posting, but this one is much more interesting in both subject matter and technical style. 

I'm not terribly enamoured of the master-slave relationship model but I do get off on collars and as a straightforward domination/humiliation image this picture certainly gets my vote. I particularly like the depiction of the cute young 'slave' and the clothing details. The pointillist technique is impressive (check out the splashing beer and wet hair of the 'slave') and the tricky low viewpoint investing the bearded top with a bit of extra dominance is carried off pretty well. I'm guessing the large area of blank space which somewhat unbalances the composition is intended to accommodate text on a magazine page (Drummer?). 

Clearly an accomplished artist and I wish I had more of his pictures if they are like this!

I don't have a website for Rapp - info from readers welcome!

For other articles in this series click on the A-Z label below or use the search box to find a specific artist

No comments: