To my readers......

SITE UPDATE NOTICE

Thanks for visiting mitchmen, home of Mitchell's Gay Art

The Caps and Collars/ Flat Cap Gang story at Google Groups is on a summer break until July. (see Group News for link)

Message updated 25th June 2023

Sunday 8 February 2009

Mitchell’s A-Z of Fetish Artists - Garcia

Greg Garcia doesn’t have a strong presence in my collection so I won’t attempt to provide any sort of authoritative analysis. His cartoon series called ‘Hawk’ has attracted my attention, it depicts the adventures of a motorcycle-riding, S&M enthusiast. The characterisation of the ‘tops’ with walrus moustaches and long swirling hair leaves me cold, but that’s just a personal preference. On the other hand the depiction of young men undergoing training as shown in this example does have great appeal.
.


Garcia has a very clean technique and the cartoons are uncluttered and easy to read. He is able to capture realistic human poses and erotic scenes in just a few strokes.


You can turn up references to Greg Garcia on the internet. He has contributed to the ‘Meatmen’ series of books, but I can’t find a website for him. I hope to expand this article some time in the future.

1 comment:

Andy80 said...

Thanks for this blog/
Andy)

http://andy-batboy80.blogspot.com/