To my readers......

SITE UPDATE NOTICE

Thanks for visiting mitchmen, home of Mitchell's Gay Art

The Caps and Collars/ Flat Cap Gang story at Google Groups is on a summer break until July. (see Group News for link)

Message updated 25th June 2023

Friday 11 April 2008

Mitchell's Picture Numbering - Engine Room Captive Navy Recruit


As I anticipated would happen, domestic commitments have slowed progess on my 'S&M Clinic' story but I am pleased with what I have so far.


The interim work designed to fill the gap is nearly ready and will go out in the next week. The working title is 'Building Site Incident' but I will give it a more punchy name for publication. As I've mentioned before this is a 'story board' format. The original drawings have several frames on one page but I will publish the frames separately or in pairs.


This has given me a little numbering problem - do I label each frame separately? I normally give each of my pictures a separate number for identification. One of the benefits of this was supposed to be a count of pictures completed. Unfortunately over the years exceptions have arisen; for example pictures forming part of a set have sometimes been given the same number with a suffix e.g M337a, M337b. Unfortunately this scheme was upset when I allocated other pictures to the set which already had their own catalogue numbers!
More recently the ability to scan and store pictures electronically has given me the ability to amend the master picture to produce a slightly different one and these have also been given suffixes e.g. M690.2 (see illustration). The end result of this is that I now have only a general idea how many pictures I have! I reckon it's in the region of 1000 of which 118 have been published so far. This includes a number of early pictures which are probably not good enough to publish.


For now I've decided to number the pieces of paper making up story boards not the individual frames. More about numbering in my next post.

No comments: